Saturday, October 18, 2008

Lombardi Ranch

Today we went to Lombardi Ranch to pick a pumpkin. They had many activities for kids as well as food and entertainment. We started out walking along Scarecrow Alley where Alyssa got to run along the path on her own, she only ate dirt a couple of times which was surprising. She didn't seem too interested in the scarecrows but she would stop and stare at people as they walked by as if she were frozen.


We set off to find the perfect pumpkin. I thought we would just let Alyssa pick out which pumpkin she wanted. Oh no, Michael was bound and determined to find "a perfectly round one that was a little flat on one side for carving." I guess it was for the best anyway, Alyssa stopped and patted many pumpkins, all of which were too big for her to pick up. Not to worry, Michael and Alyssa both found what they were looking for and I got some decorative gourds too!

Oh, corn on the cob. We used to get delicious corn on the cob in Spanish Fork. I have been so disapointed in what I can find at the stores here in California, it just isn't as good. Well, they had corn at the ranch that was just as good as I remember it should be. In fact, Michael said it was the corn he had ever eaten. If I can drive thirty minutes down the road and get it fresh off the farm, why can't I get it at the stores? Anyway, as you can see in the pictures Alyssa loved it. She enjoys most any food but Corn on the cob is one of her favorites.

No comments: