Saturday, November 22, 2008

Our Kids!


Nathan is such a content little bundle of joy. He sleeps most of the time and usually only cries when we have to change his bottom and the air is a bit cold. He doesn't even seem to mind his big sister showing us his nose, ears, eyes, and hair. We are trying to show her how to be soft but she is quite a brute.

Nathan is finally eating! I don't know if it was the medication or what but our little boy would not suck. We tried everything to get him to eat and I think in the process we only confused the poor guy. His Doctor is worried because he has lost over a pound since birth, but we finally got the hang of it. Now it is difficult to get him to stop eating during the day. He is making up for lost time.

Having Nathan home is wonderful, our little family seems so complete. Alyssa can't give Nathan enough kisses and love. She is such a big help with him especially taking off his little socks. She has always taken off her own and now she helps him with his as well.


The first couple of days at home were quite an adjustment for all of us. I wasn't able to pick up my little girl because of the surgery which was very difficult for both of us. Michael was so good with her. They played pool, went to the park, wrestled, watched plenty of "Signing Time", and played in the dirt to distract her. Finally I am able to pick her up and play with her. I can't tell you how wonderful it is to get my beautiful little girl back. I wasn't gone too long but it seems like I missed so much. She is signing so many new words and she is starting to repeat sounds when we teach her new words. My mother told me that I would be shocked at how big she seems after Nathan was born and she was right. It is amazing to see how big she looks in her Daddy's arms.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Oh my gosh he is adorable!!!